Quality Services, Industry Experts
Garage Door Maintenance Services in San Diego County, CA
Schedule Service Form. We’ll call you within 24-hours!
When you first moved into your house, we know you probably didn’t spend much time thinking about your garage door — and we doubt you’ve thought much about it since then. As long as the door works, it’s fine, right?
Yes, your garage door might be fine… for now. But if you don’t schedule routine garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA, you could accidentally do serious damage that could lead to more problems later on. That’s right: just like your car or truck, your garage door also needs a tune-up now and then. And there’s no better crew for the job than Door Dorks!
Door Dorks is the local and trusted team for garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA, Temecula, CA, and other Southern California neighborhoods. Wondering why maintenance matters? Keep reading to get insider knowledge from our garage door nerds!
Garage Door Tune-Ups in San Diego County, CA
We truly believe that routine garage door servicing is some of our most important work because taking care of your door now prevents problems later on. You should schedule garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA, at least once per year and more often if your door has had problems in the past.
Not convinced yet? Here are just a few of the MANY reasons why garage door tune-ups matter:
- A tune-up here and there can save you some serious moolah on garage door repair since regular lubrication, tightening, and alignment will keep the door healthy.
- Having a professional make sure your door is functioning correctly will give you increased peace of mind about your family’s safety.
- Keeping your door operational shuts out the possibility of pests, thieves, and nosy neighbors.
- Tune-ups ensure everything is working smoothly before you need a garage door spring repair in the middle of the night!
Service for Garage Door Weather Stripping in San Diego County, CA
Without functioning garage door weather stripping, your door won’t be able to keep out heat, rain, or insects. Weather stripping is quite sensitive and tends to wear away with regular door usage, so it’s vital to have regular checkups and replacements. If it’s been a few years since you booked garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA, let us come out to inspect your door’s weather stripping. You’d be surprised how much money you might be wasting on energy bills!
Lubricating Garage Doors Yourself: A How-To Guide
If you’re in between garage door tune-up appointments, we don’t recommend tightening screws or attempting to swap out springs yourself. However, while it should never replace residential garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA, occasionally lubricating garage doors is a DIY-friendly task — if done carefully. Here’s what you should do:
- Close the door and unplug the opener system or cut off the power supply with your circuit breaker.
- Use a damp rag to clean the tracks. You can use a hand vacuum or shop vacuum to remove stubborn debris.
- Apply a spray-on lithium-based grease lubricant (available at most automotive or big-box stores) to the door hinges, using one or two sprays per hinge.
- Spray the inside of the door rollers and any exposed ball bearings, being careful not to over-apply. If you’ve sprayed too much lubricant on the rollers, wipe it away with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid spraying lubricant on nylon rollers.
- Use a stepladder to spray the outside of the springs as well as the bearing plates. Be very careful doing this so that you don’t fall. If necessary, get help from another person to ensure you are secure on the ladder.
- Spray lubricant on the top of the garage door rail or track where it runs up to the opener module. Don’t worry about lubricating the bottom of the track since the metal there doesn’t come into contact with anything.
- Restore power to the door, then open and close it carefully to spread the lubricant evenly. You should no longer hear any squeaking or squealing noises.
Contact Door Dorks for All Your Routine Garage Door Servicing Needs!
Don’t miss out on residential garage door maintenance services in San Diego County, CA. If you take the extra time to care for your San Diego County or Temecula, CA, garage door now, it’ll last many worry-free years into the future. Give Door Dorks a call or book your maintenance appointment online now! We’re looking forward to working with you and your family.