Quality Services, Industry Experts
Garage Door Spring Repair in San Diego County, CA
Schedule Service Form. We’ll call you within 24-hours!
Garage doors rely on a complex series of pulleys, springs, and cables to operate correctly. When one of these components stops working, it can impact the entire door — and your day-to-day life.
Do you need garage door spring repair in San Diego County, CA, Temecula, CA, or another Southern California location? Don’t call just any household handyman. Call the best garage door nerds in the industry: Door Dorks! Our trustworthy team has been offering reliable spring repair throughout SoCal for years. We only work with the best parts in the garage door industry and offer competitive prices, so you never have to worry that you can’t afford service. Book an appointment now, or find out more about our work below!
Repair & Replacement for Garage Door Extension Springs
Garage doors typically have one of two types of spring systems: extension springs or torsion springs. Extension springs are put above a horizontal track and are meant to handle less weight, which is why they’re usually installed on residential doors.
If you aren’t sure what your garage door extension springs do, think of each spring as a “counterbalance” to your door. In fact, that’s exactly what these components are! Also called “stretch springs,” these springs expand and contract to support the door as it opens and closes. If your door suddenly seems heavy or unbalanced, it’s a sign that you might have broken garage door springs. Call our technicians ASAP for service.
Because extension springs keep your door aligned correctly, if one of your extension springs breaks, we will usually recommend replacing springs on the other side as well. This way, an older spring will not wear out unevenly and cause problems in the future.
Repair & Replacement for Broken Garage Door Torsion Springs
Torsion springs support heavier loads, which makes them suited to the demands of commercial properties. However, some residential homes do use these types of springs. You may not know where torsion springs for garage doors are located, but you’ll certainly know it if you have a broken garage door torsion spring. Since torsion springs for garage doors hold up the weight of your door, the door won’t be able to open or close smoothly and evenly if one of these important springs is rusted, snapped, or jammed. Rather than fighting with your door for hours on end, contact us quickly for prompt, affordable garage door spring repair in San Diego County, CA.
Why Replacing Garage Door Springs Is a Job for the Pros
After you’ve watched a few YouTube videos on the subject, it can be easy to begin thinking that replacing garage tension springs isn’t a difficult job. Unfortunately, it’s actually much more difficult and dangerous than you might assume. You should always contact professionals for garage door spring repair in San Diego County, CA. Here’s why our experienced crew warns against repairing or replacing garage door springs by yourself:
- Garage door spring replacement requires specialized tools and techniques, as well as the right personal protective equipment. Neglecting even one step while replacing garage door springs can result in harm to you or another person in your household. It’s all too easy to get your fingers trapped in a tight spot, get a nasty cut on a broken garage door spring, or be hit by a suddenly falling door (among many other unpleasant possibilities)!
- Many of the parts we use during garage door torsion spring installation and replacement aren’t available on the consumer market or are only available in bulk quantities. And even if you find the parts you need for replacing garage tension springs, you might not have the right tools, rendering all of your hard work useless.
- Even the handiest DIY heroes can make mistakes. Unfortunately, there’s no room for error when it comes to garage door torsion spring installation and replacement. A few wrong steps can cause further damage to your door, which is exactly what you’re trying to fix in the first place. At the end of the day, the necessary repair work will cost you more than it would have to hire experts for garage door spring repair in San Diego County, CA, in the first place.
Signs You Need Garage Door Spring Replacement
You will know it is time for garage door spring replacement if you notice any of the following signs:
- Your garage door opens unevenly or appears crooked.
- You hear a loud popping noise when you open or close the door.
- Your garage door is suddenly heavier than usual or too heavy to open at all.
- Your spring is elongated or appears visibly broken in two pieces
- Your garage door refuses to open or close.
- Your garage door opens halfway and suddenly slams down.
- Your garage door is making grinding noises.
- There is a 3-4” gap between the coils of your springs.
- Your garage door springs appear rusted.
“Spring” Into Action and Call Door Dorks Today!
Don’t mess around with replacing your garage door extension springs or torsion springs by yourself. We promise it isn’t worth the wasted time, money, and effort. Book professional garage door spring repair in San Diego County, CA, with our technicians anytime, and we’ll be right there to repair or replace your springs.
Are you having other garage door problems? We take care of all things garage doors in and around San Diego County and Temecula, CA, so schedule garage door repair, garage door maintenance, or garage door replacement today and experience the Door Dorks difference. We promise that no other company compares to us!